Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Little Love for "Flight"


"Flight" is a lovely story, one of my favorites, that I'm still trying to place. It almost made the cut in the recent issue (Vol. 12/39, Spring/Summer 2010) of the Allegory Zine, a great compilation of stories. Here you can see that my story made Honorable Mention! The editor said he liked it very much, and I'm honored that I made it to the final round. *Sigh!* Maybe next time...

^..^

PICTURED: Lamar Valley at Sunset, Yellowstone Park, June 4, 2008; taken by yours truly. "Flight" is set in Wyoming, written well before I ever read any of Annie Proulx's magnificent writing. I was highly intimidated by encountering the work of the master chronicler of Wyoming life and vistas. I hope when "Flight" is published that it holds up well, at least a little bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment