Saturday, September 4, 2010

Writing Update


I used this picture for the visual appearance of Tucker Stone, the narrator of my story "The New Boy's Kiss," which will appear in the November issue of Collective Fallout.

More good writing news! First, the fourth and final part of my adventure tale "Flying Fox" went up this week at The Piker Press! Here's a link to part one of this exciting, fast moving tale of courage and survival. My story "Freedom" will go up at The Piker Press on September 20. (UPDATE: This one has been delayed until September 27.) One of the editors there, Sand Pilarski, really likes my work.

My werewolf murder tale, "The Hot Bolt Kids," set in my steampunk city Port Cedryssene, should go up at Aphelion Webzine any day now -- I'll post another update when it does.

I learned this past week that my contemporary vampire tale, "The New Boy's Kiss," will be published in the November issue of Collective Fallout, a journal of queer-themed short fiction, poetry, and art. This journal publishes both a print and a digital edition. "The New Boy's Kiss" is a tale of a gay kid who discovers that his boyfriend is becoming a vampire. It's the anti-"Twilight" -- bloody, hot, frightening, and queer. This is one story that I can't wait to see in print! UPDATE: An excerpt from "The New Boy's Kiss" is now available online at the Collective Fallout website.

Enjoy the tales, and please let me know what you think about them!

^..^

No comments:

Post a Comment