Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pollini Plays Bach



Speaking of classical music favorites, here's my favorite pianist, Maurizio Pollini, playing my favorite composer, J.S. Bach. Another birthday gift, I just popped this on to celebrate Bach's birthday today, and it is gorgeous -- intricate and meditative, as The Well-Tempered Clavier should be.

Pollini's Chopin works (Etudes, Preludes, and Polonaises) were among the first classical albums I bought thirty years ago, when I first discovered the joys of classical music. I have loved Pollini's playing since then, and I've been waiting twenty years for this Bach CD -- it was that long ago when I first heard that Pollini was going to record it.

I'm already salivating for book 2 of the WTC. Beautiful, beautiful music.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BACH!!!


^..^

1 comment: