Monday, February 15, 2010

Never Let Me Go



THIS NOVEL IS FREAKING HORRIFYING!!!

Click on the link above and you'll see why I decided to read Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go after looking it over in Borders a couple of times. It's so low key that the whole thing creeps up on you like a faint awareness of cold fingering its way into your body, and the horror comes more from what is NOT said than what IS said. In other words, it's not Stephen King, wet-your-pants frights, it's a sort of sickly, "OMG what sort of world IS this?" fear. It's been a long time since a novel has given me such a gut punch as this one has. Yikes! I can't wait to see the movie.

GET THIS BOOK and read it. The best way to improve one's writing is to read great writing, especially great fiction. Damn, I'm glad I got this book.

^..^

No comments:

Post a Comment