Sunday, February 7, 2010

Renée Fleming




Pretty much, one runs out of superlatives to use to describe the voice and artistry of Renée Fleming. Every time I hear her sing, I fall in love with her all over again. I was fortunate enough to see her in recital here in Kansas City back in 2004. It was the single most amazing concert I have ever attended. The rich caramel tone of Renée's voice wrapped around the audience and totally enraptured every one of us. She did four encores! I think that she felt something wonderful that night as well, because Renée recently set aside ten dates for recitals throughout North America. Then her management people contacted the Harriman-Jewell Fine Arts Series (which sponsored her 2004 recital) and told them they had first choice of a date. It's in October. I will be there!

Renée's new CD Verismo is stunning -- I have it on right now. Beautiful. And can that woman wear a gown or what?!?

^..^

No comments:

Post a Comment